Welcome to Sunda
More than 10,000 years ago, when the glaciers melted after the last Ice Age, water levels rose over the prehistoric landmass that made China and Southeast Asia. Along one area, called the Sunda Shelf, new trade routes were created and the region became a rich culinary stew of intermingling cultures, spices, ingredients, and culinary technique.
Sunda New Asian is an award-winning restaurant at the vanguard of America’s New Asian movement showcasing Eastern Asian and Southeast Asian regional cuisine. The surprising, simple, flavorful dishes are served and shared while a full sushi bar provides an assortment of sushi, sashimi, and nigiri options. The beverage program revolves around a progressive list of premium sakes, Asian beers, Champagnes, sparkling wines, white and red wines, and an ever-changing seasonal cocktail list. The chic space, designed by award-winning designer Tony Chi, is a spectacular combination of sushi bar, communal and traditional table and lounge area seating styles which form an innovative yet comforting restaurant design. Lunch features a selection of noodle, rice and sushi options, while Sunda’s Sunday brunch includes a repertoire of egg dishes and Asian specialty items. Sunda New Asian is a Rockit Ranch Production.
Book a Table
- Refinery29 Features Sunda’s New Hibiscus Hard Lemonade & Rockit Bar & Grill’s New Ruby Red Cocktails! »
- Eater Names Sunda As One Of The Top Restaurants for Veggie Lovers »
- NY Post: Lady Gaga Spotted at Sunda! »
- OpenTable Diner Reviews Reveal Sunda is Among the Top 100 Dining Hot Spots in the Country »
- The Urbaness Names Swanky Sunda One of 10 Inclusive Eateries to Satisfy a Range of Diets »
- Savvy Sassy Moms Dines at Sunda, “a City Gem” »
Subscribe To Newsletter
"So popular right now, it's dangerous."
"Best New Restaurant"
General Information110 W. Illinois
Chicago, IL 60654
Valet Parking Available
Reservations OnlineRead more »
Serve the award-winning cuisine of Sunda New Asian at your celebration or large corporate meeting!Read more »
Sunda accommodates groups ranging in size from 20-300 guests.Read more »